ITS IOTA is born and operates in the Tourism and Cultural Heritage area, one of the most significant sectors for the Italian economy, but also one of the sectors that needs more attention and innovation for the implementation of development strategies that could have positive and lasting effects also in terms of image on international markets.
ITS IOTA has, among its priority objectives, that of promoting international cooperation, the mobility of students and teachers among similar European institutions, in order to strengthen the quality and increase the European dimension of higher education with internships abroad, transnational mobility and detailed studies of foreign languages, in order to actively participate to the improvement of European integration and the creation of a European labour market.
In our internationalization strategy it is of fundamental importance to guarantee students the opportunity to acquire key and soft skills that will help them in finding a job in the European market, promoting the acquisition and the development of transversal and cross-cultural skills, useful for being able to manage correct commercial relationships with very different cultures.
With these goals, the ITS Foundation has, immediately from its birth in 2015, started relationships with various Programme and Partner-Countries, and signed a Framework Agreement of Cooperation for Academic and Institutional activity of Research, Training and Development with:
– Consorcio Escuela de Formación de Artesanos de Gelves;
– Zespol, Szkol, Technicznyck I Ogolnoksztalcacych;
– Empresarial Consulting Unipessoal, Lda-Informacao from Empresa;
– Fachakademie DEHOGA;
– Academia de Studii Economice din Bucureşti (University of Economic Studies of Bucharest);
– NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences;
– The Turkish Government, Policies of the Department of Education, Center for Education in Trade and Tourism.
Furthermore, our ITS is Hosco’s Partner School, the leading international platform for Networking and Recruitment in hospitality and restaurant business.
ITS IOTA also joined “Chain 5” Network, a new community of associations and organizations of Institutions, companies, students, experts, researchers, consultants for the development of level V of the EQF.
The ITS is also a partner of the “Network of European roads of Emperor Charles V” in the cultural itinerary of the Council of Europe “The roads of Charles V as a driving force for the development of European identity”.
We have joined the Digital Skills and Job Coalition, one of the ten initiatives proposed by the European Commission in the framework of the Agenda for new skills for the EU.
ITS is also part of informal networks of relationships with many national and international hospitality chains, managers and owners of structures belonging to supra-regional networks, which have shown interest in hosting students in internship experiences.
Our partners are generally chosen by considering the following criteria: – EQF level correspondence;
– Link with industry and the entrepreneurial context;
– Correspondence in courses or subjects of study / sectors of activity and competence (for example, Tourism sections in Chambers of Commerce, international networks that promote different types of tourism);
– Experience in managing international projects concerning mobility and placement.
At this time, ITS considers continued participation in Erasmus Programme between 2021 and 2027 of fundamental importance to be successful in the implementation of its “mission”, by achieving these strategic goals:
a) Improve of the level of key competences and skills of our students, with particular regard to their relevance for the labour market and their contribution to a cohesive society, in particular through increased opportunities for learning mobility and through strengthened cooperation between the world of education and training and the world of work, by recognizing the educational activities followed in the ITS and / or carried out at institutions recognized in other countries;
- b) Promote and support training and scientific research and mobility of our staff members;
- c) Develop training projects with foreign partners by designing and implementing educational activities in common;
- d) Facilitate the participation of students in European programs and international networks and associations;
- e) Increase self-empowerment and self-esteem, sense of initiative and entrepreneurship in our students;
- f) Enhance intercultural awareness;
- g) Promote more active participation in society;
- h) Encourage better awareness of the European project and the EU values;
- i) Activate cooperation with companies in other countries also for research projects and sharing of good practices,
enhance the international dimension of education and training, by increasing the attractiveness of European higher education institutions and supporting the EU’s external action.
ITS was created by linking the economic environment and the tourism industry with higher education. Cooperation with SMEs will be increasingly encouraged in order to fill in the gap between training provision and professional needs related to smart specialization strategies, with the aim of supporting innovation in SMEs. ITS IOTA is fully committed to the development of the sector in the Puglia region, and thanks to the Erasmus + Program, it will be able to increase and improve its contribution, also through appropriate agreements and conventions.